IB Coordinator - King's College Madrid
King’s College, world-renowned for academic excellence, is seeking to appoint a dynamic, inspiring and ambitious professional to the position IB Co-ordinator to commence in August 2019.
The College is part of King’s Group, which includes schools in Alicante, Murcia, Panama, Latvia and the UK as well as the three schools in Madrid. The College is also a long-standing member of HMC and COBIS and is inspected by ISI.
Located on the outskirts of Madrid, King’s College, Soto de Viñuelas is a vibrant, dynamic and forward-thinking school which embraces diversity and is committed to ensuring success for our pupils.
Rated “Excellent” in all areas in our recent ISI inspection, we have an exciting opportunity for an IB Co-ordinator to join our highly successful team. We are seeking to appoint a flexible and creative practitioner with excellent subject knowledge and interpersonal skills, committed to building strong working relationships with pupils and colleagues.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and be fluent in English.
- Renowned as one of the world’s leading British International Schools
- 1,630 pupils aged from 20 months to 18 years
- Founded 50 years ago
- A track record of sending high numbers of pupils to leading Russell Group and Ivy League universities
- Superb facilities including a brand new Science building and Sports Hall
- Consistently excellent SAT, IGCSE and A Level results
- Situated in a purpose built campus in a leafy suburb of Madrid, 20 minutes from the city centre and Barajas airport
- Member of HMC, COBIS, ISC, IAPS and BSA; Inspected by ISI
- Flagship school of the King’s Group (Madrid, Murcia, Alicante, Elche, Latvia, Frankfurt, Panama and UK)
- A dynamic and pro-active teacher, preferably with independent sector or international experience
- Strong team player willing to support other colleagues
- Excellent working knowledge of the English National Curriculum and recent developments
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Pastoral responsibility or experience would be an advantage
- Willingness to contribute to the wider life of the school
- Knowledge of Spanish, or willingness to learn Spanish would be an advantage
We are currently looking to appoint an individual who has:
- • Achieved Qualified Teacher status (Applications from NQTs also welcome)
- • An interest in the development of students’ cognitive skills
- • Support for the aims of the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme is essential
- • Experience in teaching and the ability to motivate a diverse student body
- • Strong IT skills
APPLY for this Position:
Contact email@example.com for further information.
For Prospective Candidates:
Compass will only provide full details of international teaching vacancies to those teachers that have registered with us.
Due to the high number of applications we receive for many vacancies, only those candidates that have been shortlisted will be contacted.