EYFS Coordinator - King's College Madrid
King’s College, world-renowned for academic excellence, is seeking to appoint a dynamic, inspiring and ambitious professional who is passionate about Early Years to the position of EYFS Leader / Reception Class teacher to commence in August 2019.
The successful candidate will lead this highly successful EYFS department comprising of 6 classes of children aged from 20 months – 5 years of age. Applicants with relevant qualifications and at least 2 years’ experience of teaching this age group will be particularly welcome.
The College is part of King’s Group, which includes schools in Alicante, Murcia, Panama, Germany, Latvia and the UK as well as the three schools in Madrid. The College is also a long-standing member of HMC and COBIS and is inspected by Penta.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and be fluent in English.
- Renowned as one of the world’s leading British International Schools
- 1,540 pupils aged from 20 months to 18 years
- Founded 50 years ago
- A track record of sending pupils to leading universities worldwide
- Superb facilities including a brand new boarding house and floodlit astro-turf pitch
- Consistently excellent IGCSE and A Level results
- Situated in a purpose built campus in a leafy suburb of Madrid, 20 minutes from the city centre and Barajas airport with free transport to and from school for staff members
- Large, spacious well equipped EYFS department following the British EYFS curriculum, specialising in active, first hand learning both indoors and outdoors
- Member of HMC, COBIS, ISC, and BSA; Inspected by ISI
- Flagship school of the King’s Group (Madrid, Murcia, Alicante, Panama, Latvia, Germany and UK)
- A dynamic and pro-active teacher, preferably with independent sector or international experience
- Strong team player willing to support other colleagues
- Excellent working knowledge of the English National Curriculum and recent developments
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Pastoral responsibility or experience would be an advantage
- Willingness to contribute to the wider life of the school
- Knowledge of Spanish, or willingness to learn Spanish would be an advantage
We are currently looking to appoint an individual who has:
• Achieved Qualified Teacher status (Applications from NQTs also welcome)
• A degree or equivalent in the subject to be taught
• Experience in teaching and the ability to motivate a diverse student body
• Strong IT skills
In return we will provide you with:
• The opportunity to work in the stimulating environment of our dedicated and hardworking Primary Department
• Support with CPD and professional development needs
• A positive and modern working environment
Initial interviews will take place via Skype.
Closing date for applications is 27th March.
King’s Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS process.
APPLY for this Position:
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
For Prospective Candidates:
Compass will only provide full details of international teaching vacancies to those teachers that have registered with us.
Due to the high number of applications we receive for many vacancies, only those candidates that have been shortlisted will be contacted.