Supply Teaching in Switzerland
"Compass provides short-term teaching cover to a number of Swiss international schools."
We are currently working with a number of Swiss international schools, mainly in the cantons of Geneva and Vaud who at times require qualified teachers to cover sickness and maternity absences.
Given the expense and time involved in relocating overseas teachers, it is more practical to call on qualified teachers living in the area. In the event of a sickness, maternity or other absence, international schools contact us for suitable teachers living close by.
Although we recruit for permanent vacancies with some Swiss international schools, the competition for such placements can be competitive given the working environment they provide. Therefore teachers currently residing in Switzerland looking for longer term opportunities may improve their chances by 'getting one foot in the door'.
Benefits to Schools
- Fast solution to unexpected absences
- Avoid hassle of arranging flights and visas
- Possibility of leading to permanent placements if required
Benefits to Teachers
- Opportunity to establish oneself with local Swiss international schools
- Flexibility of short-term contracts
- Options of accepting part or full-time contracts depending on preference
Minimum Requirements of Teachers
- Be currently living in Switzerland or in the process of relocating
- Holder of a degree and a recognised teaching certificate
- Have their own transport or use of local transport
For schools wanting further information about supply teaching services contact us:
Qualified teachers interested in supply teaching in Switzerland will be required to complete an application form which can be obtained by contacting: