Summer Tutoring in Swiss Alps
"Compass is recruiting teachers interested in summer camp opportunities for the summer of 2013."
Compass works on behalf of a world-renowned international school located in the heart of the Swiss Alps. At the end of each academic year, the school re-opens its doors for a summer school welcoming more than 400 students from over 50 countries.
The summer programme is designed to offer a variety of outdoor and sporting activities as well as furthering the students' academic studies. There are two sessions, each lasting for three weeks with a week excursion in between both sessions.
Summer schools attract students from all corners of the world providing further academic enhancement tied in with local cultural trips and outdoor activities. It allows students and teachers alike to come together from different backgrounds and cultures to work together.
Some of the academic studies include Mathematics, Science, History, English and ESL, SAT preparation and are taught during the morning sessions. After lunch students then focus on a number of exciting and challenging activities ranging from rock climbing, parapenting, team sports to photography, art and many more.
This is a fantastic opportunity for teachers to experience a short-term opportunity, living and working in Switzerland during their own summer holidays. It is a way to gain insight into life at an international boarding school and forge friendships with fellow professionals and students from all over the world.
We welcome applications from qualified teachers of all subject disciplines and levels with an interest in the outdoors. Opportunities exist to teach either as part of the academic staff specific to their subject specialism or as an activity leader organising and overseeing one of the many activities. All teachers have assigned duties within the dormitories.
- Teachers must be qualified teachers, ie PGCE, BEd
- All teachers must have experience of the subject they wish to teach
- Activity leaders must have a solid proficiency for sports/activities they wish to run
- Be holders of a UK, EU or Swiss passport (no exceptions)
- Available from June 16th - August 12th 2013
Salary & Benefits
- Salaries start at CHF370 net per week
- Accommodation provided within boarding facilities
- 3 daily meals provided
- Day trips, weekend excursions and week trip to European city
- End of camp meal and drinks for all staff (highly recommended)
- Breath-taking scenery and surroundings - Swiss and French Alps including Mont-Blanc
- Opportunity to experience at first-hand teaching at an international boarding school
To register, email your CV/resume to email@example.com with Summer Tutoring Switzerland in the subject heading.